Managing Pharmacist - Newtownabbey
Permanent Full Time
Clarity Locums is recruiting for a Pharmacy Manager for a store in Belfast on behalf of a large multiple
Contract Type: Permanent; Full Time
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 5:30pm) (40 hours)
The successful candidate will be a qualified Pharmacist registered with, or be eligible to register with the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland.
Primary Purpose: To ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Pharmacy; to maximise NHS dispensing and the provision of Professional services; to maximise the OTC sales and profitability of the branch and to ensure all staff and pharmacists working within the branch comply with all statutory and/or professional obligations.
- Responsible for ensuring the Pharmacy is open during contracted hours for trading and dispensing prescriptions and that a Responsible Pharmacist is signed on at the premises at all times.
- Ensure the Dispensary operates in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland at all times.
- Ensure that all NHS commissioned services are proactively offered to patients and customers and opportunities for new services are highlighted to the Area Pharmacy Manager
- Review the priorities of the business against the Pharmacy Performance Plan as agreed annually and reviewed monthly/quarterly.
- Ensure that the Controlled Drugs Register is maintained in accordance with statutory requirements and that all Company Procedures for controlled drugs handling within the Pharmacy are followed
- Regularly monitor branch NHS claims for dispensing or other services
- Ensure timely submission of prescription/voucher bundle each month to BSO
- Ensure the Pharmacy operates to the highest standard and is available for inspection by the Pharmacy Inspector as requested.
- Ensure best practice is identified, shared and implemented across the Pharmacy so that key professional initiatives are delivered to maximise sales and professional service
- Ensure store wide adherence to Stock Management Company Procedures in line with directives from Head Office
- Ensure that the EPOS system is managed and maintained in accordance with Company policy.
- Establish department stocks are checked against the monthly PLOF and ensure that all of the company's core listed products are in stock.
- Implement the company's monthly promotions and ensure all staff members are aware of and understand the offers and are proactive when opportunities arise to link sell/offer value-added advice.
- Overall responsibility for branch staffing to ensure adequate resource levels at all times.
- Ensure that all staff have read, understood and signed up to the Shop Procedures Manual and Employee Handbook
- Ensure SOPs are up to date and are being adhered store wide
- Ensure that all Pharmacists in the team have completed any NICPLD/HSCB courses which are compulsory components for service delivery (e.g. PMR)
- Manage any personnel issues in line with the Employee Handbook including absence and employee relations issues
- Ensure all Head Office emails and Memos are communicated and understood by all relevant staff.
- Ensure that an Attendance Record form is completed and submitted for payroll for each staff member on a monthly basis.
- Participate in recruitment exercises as and when required.
- Be aware of any issues at a local level which may impact the performance of the business and inform the Area Pharmacy Manager accordingly i.e. new contract applications or relocations.
- Maintain and develop good working relations with other primary health care professionals especially in local surgeries, nursing homes etc.
All pharmacy staff are bound by rules of confidentiality. You must ensure confidentiality of all company policies and statistics. This equally applies after termination of your employment with this Pharmacy Group for whatever reason.
Applicants must be a qualified Pharmacist registered with, or eligible to be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland.
|Postgraduate qualification in Pharmacy
||Previous work experience within Community Pharmacy;
Proficient in Pharmacy computer systems and Microsoft applications;
An up to date knowledge of changes within Pharmacy;
Completion of any NICPLD/HSCB courses which are compulsory components for delivery service (e.g. PMR)
Previous active involvement in Pharmacy services initiatives such as Smoking Cessation, Minor Ailments and Medicines Use Reviews.
Experience of multiple dispensing including MDS.
|Three year's experience of managing a community pharmacy.
Pre Registration Tutor Qualification
Previous experience of managing a busy retail environment.
Experience of Standard Operating Procedures.
||Planning, Organising and Managing
- Plans and prioritises workload efficiently and effectively
- Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks taking responsibility for prior commitments
- Acts with integrity and professionalism and positively promotes the Company, its values, goals and decision
- Takes measures to continually develop self and others by sharing skills and knowledge
- Puts in extra time and effort when required to achieve targets.
- Expresses ideas and information accurately and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Supports arguments with evidence
- Explains ‘why’ things are happening, what the impact will be and how each person contributes to the end result
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Ensures an excellent level of customer service within their field of expertise and knowledge
Delivering results and continuous improvement
- Knows when and to whom to escalate issues.
- Demonstrates accountability for own decisions.
- Attends to the detail and ensures work is completed to standard.
- Presents solutions, rather than just raising problems or issues
- Is open-minded about new ideas and solutions.
- Analyses issues or set-backs without bias, and is open about mistakes to encourage learning.
- Highlights areas for continuous improvement and takes ownership to deliver.
|Health and Safety
||Maintain personal awareness of the Health and Safety Policy and conform to all regulations regarding safety practices
Co-operates fully with the implementation of all Health and Safety arrangements and reports any accidents/incidents, defects with work equipment or inadequate safety arrangements to the Pharmacy Manager
Ensure that agreed safe systems of work are observed by all staff