Senior Pharmacist - Pharmacy Dept. - Hospital - Dublin
Permanent Full Time
Clarity Locums is recruiting a Senior Pharmacist to work in the pharmacy department of a hospital in South Dublin.
This is a full time, permanent position.
About the Hospital
Located in South Dublin, this Hospital is one of the most advanced private hospitals in Europe, with over 1000 Consultants, nurses and healthcare professionals. This Hospital provides 24-hour, world-class acute care services including orthopaedics, physiotherapy, cardiology, women’s health, urology, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, plastic & reconstructive surgery, ENT, neurology, general surgery, comprehensive cancer care and emergency medicine.
Overall Purpose of Job
We will provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the centre of all we do.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- The supply of medicines and related items as may be required.
- The purchase, storage and supply of all items consistent with quality and value for money.
- The provision of clinical services, including the provision of advice to medical and nursing staff.
- To manage the timely collation and input of all concerning drug usage in the hospital in line with departmental policy.
- The performance of all duties and responsibilities in line with all Pharmacy Department procedures and protocols as well as hospital wide procedures.
- Identify and implement policies and operational processes to the standards of best practice including the development of pharmaceutical services.
- Participate in continuing education and research activities consistent with the post.
- Ensure that work schedules and programmes are created to provide for the most effective and efficient deployment of staff and other resources.
- Lead changes in work, procedures, techniques or technologies having regard to developments in the field of pharmaceutical care and clinical practice.
- Identify defects in supplies and equipment. Receive and record details concerning mishaps, investigate and report findings as required to the Pharmacy Manager.
- Liaise closely and co-ordinate service delivery with the other team members to ensure a high level of teamwork between pharmacists and pharmaceutical technicians.
- Ensure that departmental and organisational policies are enforced.
- Motivate team members, through the use of agreed goals and objectives.
- Lead and advise the process of developing protocols and guidelines designed to deliver optimal and economical patient care.
- Ensure best practice and compliance with agreed clinical guidelines.
- Ensure that the medication use process is measured, analysed and optimised by undertaking regular clinical audit.
- Ensure that all departmental and hospital wide Health and Safety protocols and procedures are adhered to and all areas of non-compliance are promptly addressed.
- To provide cover to the Dispensary, Clinical, Medicines Information and Aseptic services as instructed from time to time by the Pharmacy manager.
- Must have working or technical knowledge of new technologies including automation.
- Performance of such other duties appropriate to the post, including on call and the participation in extended opening rosters including weekend opening and other such services that may from time to time be introduced by the Director of Pharmacy Services.
Note: These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the Hospital.
- Be registered in the Register of Pharmaceutical Chemists for Ireland.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
- Possess a high standard of administrative and managerial ability.
- Have at least 3 years post-registration hospital pharmacy experience, as appropriate.
- Has worked in a general hospital in a supervisory capacity.
- Good working knowledge of training and education issues.
- Significant experience of change management and change processes.
- Working or technical knowledge of new technologies including automation.
Job Specific Competencies and Knowledge
- Maintain throughout the Hospital an awareness of the primacy of the patient in relation to all Hospital activities.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Values of the Hospital.
- Participate in the pharmaceutical service as part of a punctual, dedicated and professional team.
- Create, promote and maintain open communications and healthy working relationships
- Train and lead a team of skilled staff.
- Maintain the principles of equity, accountability and quality in daily work.
- Participate in departmental mentor/mentee and tutor/tutee programmes.
- The successful candidate will be subject to direction and supervision of the Pharmacy manager and will participate in the provision of a comprehensive pharmaceutical service.
- Is self-motivated and committed towards quality service provision.
- Can motivate others.
- Has an inherent person-centred philosophy which is respectful and assertive towards clients, staff and other contacts.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Is honest and trustworthy.
- Is accurate.
- Is computer literate.
All posts in this Hospital require a high level of flexibility to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service. Therefore, the post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility as and when required by their manager or hospital management.
Please apply online with CV and optional cover letter.
For further information please email or call Claire@claritylocums.ie/ 019121625.