The opportunity has become available for a Pharmacy Manager at a traditional, family-owned independent pharmacy in the picturesque coastal village of Lynton & Lynmouth situated in the North Devon countryside.
We are currently looking for a qualified Pharmacist to become a Pharmacy Manager on a permanent basis, to manage the Pharmacy from 8.00am- 6.30pm - 4 days a week, with additional 7 hours on Wednesday and to work Saturday morning's from 9am - 12.00pm.
A highly-competitive salary will be offered with many additional benefits such as fully compensated flat accommodation to be used free of charge as part of the salary package during the employment.
This pharmacy is at the heart of the community, providing valuable services to the surrounding villages through their many offerings; managed repeat prescriptions, medicine delivery and essential NHS services. The pharmacy also provides a wide range of over the counter medication, cosmetics, pet medication and unique gift items.
Your role as the Pharmacist is to put patient service first by providing a personal approach with attention to detail. You will have experience of working in a community pharmacy, leading a team and be responsible for great customer service and delivering results.
Other additional requirements will be to; dispense items, conduct additional services such as MURs, NMS, Smoking cessation, local enhanced services and be responsible for delivering pharmacy key performance indicators.
The Pharmacy is fully staffed, and the team are very experienced so you will have enough support to be able to fulfil and manage the duties required to operate the Pharmacy. All staff are OTC and dispensing assistant qualified.
You will need to be great with people and an excellent communicator, you will have experience of improving sales, inspiring teams to succeed and providing high performing pharmacy services to the local community.
Qualification and Skills
- Full Pharmacist qualifications (newly qualified considered)
- Be managing a pharmacy day-to-day operation
- Have very good clinical skills
- Challenge the Status Quo of the current setup to make improvements
- Be part of a hard-working and compact team.
- Have excellent relationship building skills to be involved in developing relationships with healthcare organisations and patients
- Oversee the day to day operation of the Pharmacy and adopt new procedures
- Drive relationships with the surgery
- Improve service delivery to keep away the competition
- Maintain safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organisation operational policies, procedures, and standards
- Deal with staff Performance
- Increase profitability of the pharmacy
Personal Skills, Qualifications & Attitude
- Be a good communicator, you must be able to listen carefully to what patients say, as well as explain complex and sometimes sensitive information to the public and other healthcare professionals.
- Work with others in a multidisciplinary team as well as lead others in a team
- Be accurate and meticulous
- Have a methodical approach to work
- Have an understanding of business principles
- Have a professional and confident manner
- Inspire the trust of others
- Take on a high level of responsibility.
Salary: £36,000.00 to £42,000.00 /year
***Accommodation provided to the successful candidate as part of the package***